Epsilon Alpha Chapter
Sponser: Joan Reeves
First published in 2001, Aurora is Northeast Alabama Community College’s art and literary magazine. Sponsored by Northeast’s Epsilon Alpha chapter of Sigma Kappa Delta, the national English honor society for students of two-year colleges, Aurora is published once a year and features original art work, photography, and writing by Northeast students.
Aurora accepts year-round entries from all currently enrolled Northeast students in the following categories:
- Short Fiction - Fictional short stories no longer than 5,000 words.
- Personal Essay - A non-fiction essay that deals with personal experiences or current issues. Research papers and other analysis papers are not appropriate for this category. The essay should not exceed 2,500 words.
- Poetry - Original poems of less than 2,000 words.
To submit an original piece of writing, attach the work as a .doc or .docx file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to submit a hard copy along with a signed waiver to Mr. Jody Ragsdale (EN109).
- Photography - Aurora accepts black and white or color photography. Images must be submitted digitally and in a non-compressed format. Each image must be named and be accompanied by a signed waiver. Due to the large file sizes involved, images must be submitted to Mr. Jody Ragsdale (EN109) via disc or thumb drive.
- Drawings/Paintings - To submit an original art work, bring the work along with a signed wavier form to Mr. Ragsdale’s office (EN109).