Your advisor is a faculty member in your major field, assigned to you when you are admitted, who gives you information about program requirements, university transfer, graduation, and all aspects of your academic progress. Your advisor's approval is necessary for registering for class (including online registration), dropping classes, or adding classes.
Instructions for Making an Appointment with your Advisor using AdvisorTrac
- Type your user name. Your username is the first initial of your first name, your last name, and the first four digits of your date of birth. Example: Jane Smith with a date of birth of February 8, 1992 would have the username of jsmith0208.
- Type your password: Your password is your six digit date of birth (mmddyy). Example: A student with the date of birth of February 8, 1992 would have a password of 020892.
- Click Login. (If you have any problems, please contact Sharon Totten at extension #2245.)
- If the “Confirm BIO” box pops up, please change your password and click confirm. Click the red X to exit the box. If you do not see the “Confirm BIO” box, continue to the next step.
- Click on Search Availability (left side of the screen).
- Choose the Faculty Advising Center by clicking on the blue drop down arrow next to the Center block.
- Click on the name of your Advisor.
- Choose your search dates.
- Click on Search (The calendar will show a list of all available dates and times. Make sure to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the screen to see all available dates.).
- Click on the time you wish to make your appointment.
- Choose a reason by clicking on the blue drop down arrow next to the Reason block. (If unsure, choose “general advising question.”)
- Please provide your phone number in the phone field in case your advisor needs to reschedule an appointment.
- Click Save
- Click Log Off (top of the screen).
Congratulations! You have just made your appointment to meet with your advisor. If, for any reason, you need to change or cancel your appointment, please do so through this AdvisorTrac scheduling program.
For questions about academic advising, contact
||Dr. Sharon Totten
Director of Advising
Office: WA 100
Phone ext: 2245
Using any computer or information technology resource of Northeast Alabama Community College signifies that the user agrees to comply with the following NACC policies:
Full policies of Northeast Alabama Community College are published in the Faculty and Staff Handbook (employment policies), or the Catalog (academic and student policies), or can be obtained from the Office of the President. While this website attempts to present information accurately, it does not constitute the complete statement of policies of Northeast Alabama Community College. Contents are subject to change without notice.