About the Learning Resources Center (Library)
Faculty & Staff
Our library personnel can be reached by e-mail or by telephone. Librarians are available to assist library patrons via email or text during normal operating hours. Please allow up to one operating day for a response. Librarians are available to assist library patrons via chat during normal operating hours as time allows.
Where Is the Cecil B. Word Learning Resources Center (Library) on Campus?
1st floor - Circulation desk, multimedia rooms, librarians' offices, reference books, audiovisual items, current periodicals, and most bound periodicals
2nd floor - Books that circulate (check out), archives/special collections room, child development classroom, Spanish classroom
Take a virtual tour!
Mission & Policies
The mission of the library of Northeast Alabama Community College is to provide for the students, faculty and staff of the College, the personnel, services, information resources and facilities to support, sustain, and enrich the educational purposes, programs and curriculum of Northeast Alabama Community College.
Embracing the College's "open door" policy, many of the Northeast Alabama Community College's resources and services are available to the community.
- When checking out items for the first time, students will be asked to complete a registration form and present a student I.D. card. The card must be presented each time items are checked out. The student I.D. card will be used to check out items.
- Items may be checked out for two weeks and may be renewed for two additional two-week periods (unless the items have been reserved by another patron). A student is limited to 10 items overall and 5 items per subject.
- With permission of librarian, students may use non-circulating materials for class presentations.
- Embracing the college's "open door" policy, the library's collection and most of its services are open to members of the community with Alabama-issued driver's licenses or Alabama-issued ID cards. Non-students' library cards are good for a period of two years and can be renewed. Adult community users (age 19 and above) are limited to five items at a time. Community members below age 19 are limited to two items at a time. All library rules and regulations apply to non-students. There is a $2.00 charge for the replacement of a lost community library card.
- A fine of ten cents per day is charged for overdue items. No fine in excess of $5.00 per item will be charged. When the library is closed, items may be returned in the outside drop near the main entrance.
- Students and/or library patrons who owe fines to the library or who have failed to return items they have checked out will forfeit their library privileges until their records are cleared. Students who have delinquent library records will not be able to receive a copy of their transcripts until their library records are cleared.
Reports and Publications
What's New in the Library (November 2021) What's New in the Library (September 2021)
Annual Report of the NACC Learning Resources Center (2020-2021)
Annual Report of the NACC Learning Resources Center (2019-2020) LRC Quick Facts 2019-2020
LRC Surveys of Satisfaction (2019) LRC Surveys of Satisfaction (2017)
LRC Fall 2021 Newsletter