In order to be eligible for in-state tuition, you MUST fall into ONE of the following categories:
Option A. I am an In-State resident. I, or my non-estranged spouse, or my parent/legal guardian (if minor dependent student) have lived in Alabama for the last 12 months and/or I graduated from an Alabama high school or received a GED in the state of Alabama within three years of my admission application date. I certify that the address shown on my application is my residence in the State of Alabama and that I intend to remain in Alabama indefinitley, and that I have more substantial connections in Alabama than with any other state.
Option B. I (or my supporting spouse or parent) reside in one of the following reciprocal counties in: Georgia: Bartow, Catoosa, Chattoga, Dade, Floyd, Gordon, Hardison, Polk, Walker and Whitfield, or Tennessee: Franklin, Hamilton, Lincoln or Marion.
Option C. I have lived in Alabama for less than 12 months, but have more substantial connections to the State of Alabama than any other state. I understand that I am required to provide documentation of at least two of the following to the Admissions Office before the in-state tuition is official:
- Consideration of the location of high school graduation
- Payment of Alabama state income taxes as a resident
- Ownership of a residence or other real property in the state and payment of state ad valorem taxes on the residence or property
- Proof of full-time, permanent employment in the state
- Residency in the state of a spouse, parents or children
- Previous periods of residency in the state continuing for one year or more
- Voter registration in the state
- Possession of state or local licenses to do business or practice a profession in the state
- Continuous physical presence in the state for a purpose other than attending school, excluding temporary absences for travel, military service and temporary employment
- Membership in religious, professional, business, civic or social organizations in the state
- Maintenance in the state of checking and savings accounts, safe deposit boxes or investment accounts
- In-state address shown on one or more of the following: selective service registration, automobile title registration, insurance policies, last will and testament, driver's license, hunting and fishing licenses, stock and bond registrations, annuities or retirement plans.
*If you select Option C, you must provide documentation to the Admissions Office before in-state residency is considered. If the documentation is not provided, you will be charged non-resident tuition.