Thank you for choosing Northeast. We are here to help you. Northeast Alabama Community College has an open-door admissions policy to ensure that every person has the opportunity to attain a college education. To take classes for college credit, you must complete the admission application process. Apply early to make sure you have plenty of time to complete assessment testing, attend orientation, visit with an advisor, plan your course schedule and register for classes. Students needing financial assistance should contact the Financial Aid office.
HIGH SCHOOL AND GED® GRADUATES
First-time admission to college degree programs at Northeast is open to anyone with the Alabama High School Diploma or an equivalent and proper documentation as defined by the State Board of Education.
TRANSFERS FROM OTHER COLLEGES
Students with credit from another college will be admitted unconditionally if eligible to return to their previous college. Students should request all previous college transcripts, as well as high school transcript or equivalent, be sent to the Admissions Office.
We welcome international students. If you are an international student, follow the International Students application procedures.
STUDENTS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL
High school students can enroll in college courses through Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit and accelerated coursework.
FORMER STUDENTS OF NORTHEAST ALABAMA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
If you were formerly enrolled as a NACC credit student and have missed a semester (except summer), you will need to submit an updated admissions application and send transcripts of any other college work taken since leaving Northeast.
Please contact the Admissions Office if you have any questions or stop by the admissions office in Room SC115. The office is open Monday - Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. and Wednesday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you!
256-638-4418 or 256-228-6001 ext. 2260
256-638-4418 or 256-228-6001 ext. 2222
Student Services Assistant
256-638-4418 or 256-228-6001 ext. 2322
Katelin Miller, Student Services Assistant, International Student Advisor
256-638-4418 or 256-228-6001 ext. 2322 firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no application fee! The Admissions Office will send you information about orientation, placement testing, registration for classes, and your advisor. You will also be given a student account with the Northeast Online Account Host, NOAH, where you can see your financial aid status, register for classes, and much more.
Admission to NACC does not ensure admission to any individual program or course.
Conditional enrollment: If an item in the list below is lacking, the applicant may be allowed to begin classes conditionally for one term. When the item is received, the student may be granted unconditional (regular) admission. Conditional enrollment may also apply to transfer students who are not in good standing at their previous institution.
1. Complete the Application for Admission Form.
2. Document your identity. An applicant who fails to satisfy identification requirements will not be admitted to the college. Registration for classes will not be allowed until the Admissions Office has received appropriate documentation. Applicants must submit the documentation in person, by U.S. Mail, or electronically by the end of the institution’s published drop/add period.
3. Certify that you are eligible for in-state tuition (if applicable)
4. Send or bring items 1, 2, and 3 (if applicable) to NACC.
5. Order transcripts You must send an official high school transcript or your GED certificate/transcript and official college transcript(s) if you have already attended another college. You must request that your transcripts be sent directly to the NACC Admissions Office. Many NACC courses have prerequisites that must be met. Students who have not submitted college transcript(s), which need to be evaluated, may not be able to register for all desired classes.
Forms do not open: Turn off your computer's pop-up blocker.
Computer cannot read pdf files: Download Adobe Reader (free).
Need to order printed forms: Contact the Admissions Office
Need forms or other college materials in alternative format: Contact Katelin Miller
Full policies of Northeast Alabama Community College are published in the Faculty and Staff Handbook (employment policies), or the Catalog (academic and student policies), or can be obtained from the Office of the President. While this website attempts to present information accurately, it does not constitute the complete statement of policies of Northeast Alabama Community College. Contents are subject to change without notice.
Comments regarding Admission should be addressed to Sherie Grace, Dean of Student Services, at email@example.com or extension 2325.