Opportunities Abound at Northeast
Alabama Community College
Northeast Alabama Community College offers you opportunities!
Whether you are looking for an opportunity to take freshman and
sophomore level classes before transferring to a four-year
college or university, to earn skills for your first job or to
qualify for a better job, to obtain your GED, or to gain skills
necessary to go into business for yourself, NACC stands ready to
help you meet your educational goals.
NACC is all about opportunity. We offer:
• An excellent general education program for transfer to
four-year colleges and universities;
• A statewide articulation agreement that guarantees transfer of
credit to any public four-year college in the state;
• Affordable tuition coupled with outstanding financial aid,
student loans, and scholarship programs;
• State-of-the-art facilities, including cutting edge
• The Athens State University Center that allows students to
complete their bachelor’s degree on the NACC campus;
• Adult Basic Education and English as a Second Language
training that is recognized as the best in the state;
• Quality career and technical education programs that lead to
• Training for business and industry both through the college
and the Alabama Technology Network;
• Exposure to the arts and humanities through events held on
campus, such as the Alabama Ballet, the NACC Theatre,
Songwriter’s Showcase, to name a few;
• Numerous student activities—Northeast Basketball League,
National Champion NACC Quiz Team, awarding winning Yearbook and
literary magazine, and so many more;
• A beautiful campus that is open to the community.
As you consider attending college this fall, imagine yourself at
NACC where opportunity awaits you. Over the past several years,
NACC has been one of the fastest growing institutions within the
Alabama Community College System. We’ve added programs and
courses and expanded our facilities. Our instructors are often
referred to as “the best teachers I ever had” by so many people
who complete their education.
Fall registration is August 19-20 from 8:30 to 5:30. Classes
begin August 21. Late registration continues August 21-27.
Visit our campus today, in person or online, or call us at
638-4418 or 228-6001, Admissions ext. 222. We look forward to
having you become a part of the NACC family!
Pictured is a scene outside the Cecil B. Word
Learning Resources Center on campus.
Article written by and photo taken by Debra A. Barrentine,
Director of Promotions and Marketing.