1. An “open door” admission policy which insures
nondiscriminatory educational opportunities for individuals
regardless of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed,
national origin, or age.
2. Available, accessible, and affordable courses that provide
quality instruction in general education at the freshman and
sophomore levels that lead to the attainment of specified
learning outcomes, associate degrees, and transfer to senior
3. Available, accessible, and affordable courses that provide
quality instruction in career and technical programs that lead
to the attainment of specified learning outcomes, certificates,
associate degrees, or institutional awards, and employment in
the field of study.
4. Developmental and adult basic education which assists
individuals who need to improve their basic learning skills and
supports individuals lacking college preparatory backgrounds.
5. Student services which assist individuals to formulate and
achieve career, educational and personal goals through
counseling and academic advisement services and provide
opportunities to participate in social and cultural activities.
6. Recruitment and retention of qualified personnel who are
afforded professional development opportunities and
institutional support needed to provide quality postsecondary
7. Services and training specifically designed and delivered
to meet the needs of local business, industry, community
organizations, and governmental agencies.
8. Community services which support personal growth, cultural
enrichment, and societal activities; provide access to college
facilities for community activities; and promote community,
social, and economic improvement.
9. Procurement and administration of financial resources in
an effective manner.
10. Provision for and maintenance of a physical plant with
instructional facilities and technology which provide a safe
learning environment and are suitable for all the institution’s
programs and services.
Full policies of
Northeast Alabama Community College are published in the
Faculty and Staff Handbook (employment policies), or the
Catalog (academic and student policies), or can be obtained
from the Office of the President. While this website
attempts to present information accurately, it does not
constitute the complete statement of policies of Northeast
Alabama Community College. Contents are subject to change